K2 joined forces with legendary skateboarding pioneer Tony Hawk on a very special graphic release on one of our favorite boards. Featuring classic Birdhouse graphics and just the right amount of K2 vibes, the 2022 K2 x Tony Hawk Party Platter Snowboard collaboration is extremely limited and sure to move fast.
Many shaped snowboards are built to zero in on one specific riding style - this is NOT one of those snowboards. The 2022 K2 Party Platter x Tony Hawk x Birdhouse Snowboard is purpose-built to be a daily driver for slashing berms, laying down carves, and plowing your way through thigh deep pow.
To give the directional, mid-flexing Party Platter a versatile and playful feel K2 built it on a Combination Camber profile that drops camber in between the feet and mellow rocker just outside of the bindings. This provides stability at higher speeds and allows the edges to track and hold while carving, all while retaining an easy pivoting feel for smooth ground tricks. The Volume Shift and design minimizes toe and heel drag and provides float in deep snow.
The BAP Core is built from sustainably harvested timber, and gives the board a smooth and even flex while absorbing vibration and chatter for control in all conditions. The Carbon Ollie Bar is strategically placed in between the inserts, giving the Party Platter big time snap and rebound for launching side hits. K2 wraps the core with biaxially woven fiberglass for edge-hold that can be fine tuned by the rider depending on how and where pressure is applied to the board.
The icing on the cake is the Sintered 4000 base, composed from a supremely tough and durable material that soaks up wax like a sponge and gives you the speed you want for lacing pow turns or lining up the big jump in the park.
- BAP Core - A tri-blend wood core harnesses the rebound, strength, and feel of sustainably harvested Bamboo, Aspen, and Paulownia timber species
- Biax Glass - A fiberglass weave intersecting at 90º angles provides just the right amount of torsional flexibility and strength.
- Ollie Bar - Built in place in a pre-loaded cambered shape and placed between the binding inserts, the Ollie Bar™ silences the myth that rocker boards don’t have the same pop that cambered snowboards do.
- Hybritech Sidewall Construction - A K2 exclusive. By transitioning from a P-Tex sidewall into a capped construction in the tip and tail of the snowboards, K2 is able to reduce waste while giving our snowboards better energy transfer and making them more durable than competitors.
- Sintered 4000 Base - Hard, fast, and durable, our Sintered Base material holds wax better that extruded materials increasing speed and glide.
- Volume Shift - Reduces swing weight and toe/heel drag by shifting surface area from the tip and tail to the waist of the snowboard. Downsize from 4-10 cms from your usual snowboard length.